Monday 1 January 2018

photographic abstraction #25

A new year, and a new collection of abstract photographs. There are no new motifs this time, but that doesn’t mean that there’s nothing new. Further details follow each image.

bar code blues

I haven’t used reflections on water since Atlantis from Photographic Abstraction #7. I’ll leave you, the reader, to decide what this is a reflection of.

cold front

I had thought that this was yet another image based on staining on a squatter hut in Hong Kong, but when I checked, it turns out to be an image of lichen on Penrith Castle.

jewels of the nile

I frequently see the most appalling scum on a particular section of the Sheung Yue River, which I presume is caused by industrial premises upstream. The only positive aspect of this environmental vandalism is that it gives me an opportunity to create interesting abstract images. The photo on which Jewels of the Nile is based was taken on the same occasion as the photos for Slime #1 (Photographic Abstraction #11), Slime #2 (#13) and Visions of the Emerald Beyond (#21).

lucky number
Leapfrog is the only photo in this collection to feature a completely new motif, and I’d be surprised if anyone can identify what it is actually a photograph of.
This is what I wrote when describing Leapfrog in Photographic Abstraction #24. I’m not about to reveal the origin of that image, but I will say that Lucky Number employs the same motif. However, this photo was taken in Penrith, while Leapfrog was taken in Fanling. In case you were wondering, the number 8 is lucky in Chinese culture.

rags, no riches

Rags, No Riches comes from the same source that I used for No Way Out (Photographic Abstraction #22). Although there is no overlap between the two images, the only real difference is that I cancelled the colour in the earlier image.

shadow dancing

I cannot work out where I took this photo, but it’s an image of staining on a concrete wall somewhere in the Fanling area.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there, I discovered your web ssite by way of Google whilst looking for a
    similar matter, your site came up, it appears good.

    I've bookmarked itt in my google bookmarks.

    Hello there, simply was aware of your weblog through Google, and found that it is truly informative.
    I'm goijng to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful when you prooceed this in future.
    Many other folks will probably be benefited out oof your writing.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have time, even if you disagree with the opinions expressed in this post, although you must expect a robust defence of those opinions if you choose to challenge them. Anonymous comments may not be accepted.