Thursday 19 October 2017

a light-hearted question

I shall be heading back to Hong Kong later today, and as usual I have a puzzle to occupy your brain cells while I’m offline. However, It is not my intention to produce puzzles that no one can solve, so because my last puzzle (A Rotten English Question) remains unsolved, I’ve decided to post a much easier question this time.
What connects the following six clues?
● enthusiast.
● fruit.
● inundation.
● leader.
● location.
● quest.
Incidentally, this is what I call an ‘open-ended question’, meaning that I could have provided clues to additional entities that meet the connection criterion. However, six clues seems to me like an adequate number. Contrast this with An English Question (also unsolved), the solution to which is a complete set of five such entities. A sixth cannot be added.

I’ll be offline until at least Sunday, by which time I hope that someone will have submitted the correct answer to this puzzle.

11 comments:

  1. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog.

    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's challenging to
    get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and appearance.
    I must say you have done a fantastic job with this. In addition, the
    blog loads extremely fast for me on Firefox. Superb Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terrible at these! I don't have a clue Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have a clue Pat. You’re just not using it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I can’t follow your reasoning, but that is not the right answer.

      Delete
    2. Really?This is how I think:
      1.Jesus is a huge enthusiast of the God which is himself because of the trinity.
      2.God banished Adam and Eve because they ate an apple(fruit).
      3.God once punished human by a great inundation.
      4.God is the leader of israelites and Jesus is also the leader of Christians
      5.Jerusalem is the place(location) where Jesus died and resuscitated. (I'm not very satisfied about this one )
      6.Jesus has been many people's quest for a thousand years.

      Delete
    3. Highly ingenious Jim. I would have to disqualify your answer on the grounds that it contains assumptions that not everyone would accept as fact, such as the existence of God.

      When someone finally gets it, you will see that the answer has been hiding in plain sight all along.

      Delete
    4. Sure.I am looking forward to it and it's good to know I was wrong.
      (^▽^)

      Delete
  4. Is it Albert Einstein?? Not sure though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see your line of thinking, but no, it isn’t Einstein.

      Delete
  5. I have been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours
    nowadays, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It's predtty worth sufficient for me. In my view, iff all web owners and bloggers made good content as yyou provably did, the net shall be a lot more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have time, even if you disagree with the opinions expressed in this post, although you must expect a robust defence of those opinions if you choose to challenge them. Anonymous comments may not be accepted.