Wednesday 1 October 2014

photographic abstraction #12

There is a cosmic theme to this latest instalment in my photographic abstraction series, although that could simply be my imagination, and you might well see different things in these images. The source of these pictures should be obvious, except for Pisces, the origin of which I defy anyone to guess.

asteroids

exploding galaxy

pisces

event horizon

worm hole

other posts in this series
Photographic Abstraction
Photographic Abstraction #2
Photographic Abstraction #3
Photographic Abstraction #4
Photographic Abstraction #5
Photographic Abstraction #6
Photographic Abstraction #7
Photographic Abstraction #8
Photographic Abstraction #9
Photographic Abstraction #10
Photographic Abstraction #11

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dennis!
    Asteroids, exploding galaxy and worm hole, appear to be oil and (or gasoline) and water mixing on a wet road.
    At first glance "exploding galaxy" gave me "the eye of Sauron."
    Pisces looks kind of like a bird dropping or bug on an automobile windshield.
    I have no idea about event horizon, but I think you gave it a perfect title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat. Damn! I thought that nobody would spot the origin of Pisces. You are right about the others too (Event Horizon is also the result of oil on tarmac). I’m always out and about with a camera after it has been raining, and the results figure quite prominently in this series.

      Delete
  2. When I'm out and about, I tend to look up and down a lot. It is surprising what you miss, if you don't.
    Very creative Dennis! Keep that camera with you at all times...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I might just be unusual Pat: I can't believe how little awareness of their surroundings most people show as they walk (run, cycle or drive) around.

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you have time, even if you disagree with the opinions expressed in this post, although you must expect a robust defence of those opinions if you choose to challenge them. Anonymous comments may not be accepted.